1/72 Dragon Apollo 11 Lunar Approach Update 7

While the paint was curing I started on the Steerable High Gain Antenna. I painted the PE dishes NATO Black. The mast was painted Vallejo Silver and the rest was left primer white.

I then took some 32 gauge wire and cut some to the length needed bent them to run from the SM/SLA Electrical Umbilical Disconnect to the holes that I had previously drilled in the back of the Service Module. I then painted them Tamiya Flat White.

When they were dry I glued them on with some CA.

You can also see that I painted the SPS engine curtain yellow. I also finished painting the SPS engine nozzle. The bottom portion is NATO black and the upper section was painted Tamiya Metallic Gray.

The next update should be finishing up the Command Module.

Thanks for looking.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.