Here is a brief update on the Wild Thing. I’ve got the baffle almost finished. I drilled 4 holes on four sides of the top of the motor tube. I have the bottom bulkhead of the baffle tacked in place.
Here are all the parts of the baffle section.
I did away with the forward bulkhead that came with the kit and replaced it with two thinner bulkheads from Apogee Components. I drilled four 1 inch holes in one of the bulkheads. That will be the top of the baffle. It will be installed after the motor mount is expoxied in the main tube. That will let me get a good bond on the bottom bulkhead of the baffle. The part with the eyebolt in the lower left of the picture is the recovery system anchor point. It is a 5/8 in plywood plug with a hole in the middle to allow the eyebolt to be attached. I will epoxy the nut of the eyebolt to prevent any future loosening. It gets installed at the top of the motor tube. It will force the exhaust gasses out the holes in the motor tube and then they will pass through the four holes in the forward baffle bulkhead. I use this system in my Mini Magg to good effect.
Here are the baffle parts dry fitted for a check.
I have also started printing some additional parts for the rocket. You might recognize what these are supposed to represent. They are strictly decorative on this rocket. But I think they will add to the visual appeal once the paint goes on.
That’s it for now, more to come.
Thanks for looking.