I got the silver painted on the bottom of the S-IC. It turned out pretty well. I’ve now started applying the decals to the S-IC. Once again, some very tiny detailed decals. The first photo below is a close up of applying one of the forward skirt vent decals over the vent warning decal. You can get a feel for how small some of these decals are here. I’m zoomed in pretty tight, even the toothpick looks rough at this level of zoom. I’ve completed the S-IC decals. Here is a look at some of the details.
I’ll be putting on a clear coat to protect the decals, then dull coat to take the shine off. Once that is finished I’ll attach the F-1’s and final assembly will be complete. All that will remain is to put it on the stand I’ve made.