1/144 Saturn I Block I Build Update 2

I’ve had other things going on, so it has taken me longer than I planned to get back to the build.  But I now have made some progress.  First I trimmed the outboard engine fairings.  They have an angled edge rather than straight.  The angle needs to somewhat match the subtle angle on the boat tail.  The next thing to do was to complete the turbo pump exhausts. I cut out some brackets from 0.010 styrene sheet and attached them to the pipes.

I then drilled some small holes in the first stage boattail to accept the exhaust pipes.  I’ll attach them later in the build.  I also drilled holes at the base of the fuel and LOX tanks to match photos of SA-1.

Finally, for this post are a couple of pictures of the continuing filling and sanding of the model to cover some of the blemishes in the castings.  You can also see that I’ve added some tunnel covers to the fuel tanks and a vent pipe on the fuel tank of Position 4.

That’s it for now.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.