I’ve been working on this post for a while. Since it is May 4th, I figured why not post it now. So here is a long delayed post on my latest Star Wars build.
I’m building the BanDai 1/72 scale X-Wing Red 5 to go along with they Millennium Falcon that I built last year.
I started with a look through the parts to check for damage or anything else of interest. Being a space nerd I quickly found a Saturn V third stage part that was being used for the intakes on the X-Wing.
I also noticed that the open cockpit canopy had a break in it. I should be able to fix that without much trouble as long as it doesn’t break when pushing the parts back into position.
I partially assembled some of the parts before spraying on the primer. Some of the parts are pre-colored but since I’ll be using the decals for those parts I sprayed primer over them.
I also sprayed the rest of the parts on their runners. After the primer had set I sprayed all the parts with the base color of White Gray, except for the droids which got painted white.
I decided to start with the figures first. I assembled both R2-D2 and R2-D4. R2-D2 got his dome painted silver before assembly. The pilot figures were painted with black, orange, white, aged white, flesh, gray, and transparent orange. The droids (other than R2-D2’s dome) were painted white.